Trong môi trường xã hội ngày nay, tiền bạc đóng vai trò quan trọng trong mọi khía cạnh cuộc sống. Blog này sẽ dẫn bạn vào thế giới từ vựng liên quan đến tiền bạc, khám phá những thuật ngữ phức tạp xung quanh tài chính, kinh tế và những khái niệm tiền tệ khác.
Hãy cùng tìm hiểu cùng IELTS Thanh Loan nhé.
Danh từ về chủ đề MONEY
1, Pocket money /ˈpɒk.ɪt ˌmʌn.i/
- Định nghĩa: an amount of money that parents regularly give to their child to spend as they choose
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: tiền tiêu vặt
- Ví dụ: My dad gives me £5 a week pocket money.
2, Piggy bank /ˈpɪɡ.i ˌbæŋk/
- Định nghĩa: a small container, sometimes in the shape of a pig, that is used by children for saving money
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: ống tiết kiệm
- Ví dụ: You can encourage younger children to put away some of their pocket money in a piggy bank each week.
3, Savings /ˈseɪ·vɪŋz/
- Định nghĩa: the money you keep, esp. in a bank or other financial organization
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: tiền tiết kiệm
- Ví dụ: I’m going to put some of my savings into a down payment on a car.
4, Student loan /ˌstjuː.dənt ˈləʊn/
- Định nghĩa: an agreement by which a student at a college or university borrows money from a bank to pay for their education and then pays the money back after they finish studying and start working
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: khoản vay cho sinh viên
- Ví dụ: How do they view the student loan repayments – as a debt or tax or something else?
5, Spending ~ expenditure /ɪkˈspen.dɪ.tʃər/
- Định nghĩa: the total amount of money that a government or person spends
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: sự chi tiêu
- Ví dụ: The government’s annual expenditure on arms has been reduced.
6, Currency /ˈkʌr.ən.si/
- Định nghĩa: the money that is used in a particular country at a particular time
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: đơn vị tiền tệ (để mua bán)
- Ví dụ: Take some foreign currency to cover incidentals like the taxi fare to your hotel.
7, Debt /det/
- Định nghĩa: something, especially money, that is owed to someone else, or the state of owing something
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: khoản nợ
- Ví dụ: He managed to pay off his debts in two years.
- Định nghĩa: a reduction in spending by consumers, businesses, governments, etc., usually because they have financial problems
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: thắt lưng buộc bụng
- Ví dụ: He had his belt-tightening to save money.
9, Credit card /ˈkred.ɪt ˌkɑːd/
- Định nghĩa: a small plastic card that can be used as a method of payment, the money being taken from you at a later time
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt : thẻ tín dụng
- Ví dụ: This credit card allows you to withdraw up to £200 a day from cash dispensers.
10, Cheque /tʃek/
- Định nghĩa: a printed form, used instead of money, to make payments from your bank account
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: séc
- Ví dụ: I wrote him a cheque for £50.
11, Cash /kæʃ/
- Định nghĩa: money in the form of notes and coins, rather than cheques or credit cards
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: tiền mặt
- Ví dụ: He says he wants cash in advance before he’ll do the job.
12, A fortune /ˈfɔːrtʃən/ (noun) – cost/make a fortune (verb).
- Định nghĩa: a large amount of money, goods, property, etc.
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: một số tiền lớn/ gia tài – tốn cả gia tài/ làm ra nhiều tiền
- Ví dụ: You can make a fortune out of junk if you call it antiques.
13, Installment /ɪnˈstɔːl.mənt/
- Định nghĩa: one of several parts into which a story, plan, or amount of money owed has been divided, so that each part happens or is paid at different times until the end or total is reached
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt : trả từng đợt / trả góp
- Ví dụ: We agreed to pay for the car by/in installments.
14, Financial difficulties
- Định nghĩa: where a borrower can’t make repayments to existing credit, or they can only do so with difficulty because a change in their circumstances took place after the credit was provided
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: khó khăn về tài chính.
- Ví dụ: The younger people have financial difficulty in carrying on their council work.
15, Lump sum /ˌlʌmp ˈsʌm/
- Định nghĩa: an amount of money that is paid in one large amount on one occasion
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: khoản tiền lớn được trả gộp trong 1 lần
- Ví dụ: An endowment policy is a life insurance contract designed to pay a lump sum after a specific term.
16, Income /ˈɪŋ.kʌm/
- Định nghĩa: money that is earned from doing work or received from investments
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: thu nhập
- Ví dụ: More help is needed for people on low incomes.
17, Commission /kəˈmɪʃ.ən/
- Định nghĩa: a payment to someone who sells goods that is directly related to the amount sold, or a system that uses such payments
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: tiền hoa hồng
- Ví dụ: She gets a 15 percent commission on every machine she sells.
18, Grant /ɡrænt/
- Định nghĩa: an amount of money given especially by the government to a person or organization for a special purpose
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: tiền trợ cấp
- Ví dụ: They gave her a grant to study abroad for one year.
Gợi ý sách liên quan
Từ vựng chất và ý tưởng hay theo chủ đề cho bài thi IELTS Speaking
Với các vấn đề còn lại, hãy tham khảo cuốn sách này được biên soạn bởi đội ngũ IELTS Thanh Loan để không bao giờ bí ý, bí từ khi luyện tập và thực hiện bài thi IELTS Speaking.
Tính từ chủ đề MONEY
1, Lucrative /ˈluː.krə.tɪv/ = well-off = loaded /ˈləʊ.dɪd/ = wealthy /ˈwel·θi/ = affluent /ˈæf.lu.ənt/ = prosperous /ˈprɒs.pər.əs/ = rich (adj)
- Định nghĩa: having a lot of money or owning a lot of things
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: giàu, khá giả
- Ví dụ: After years of working hard, we are now quite well off.
2, Broke /brəʊk/ = skint /skɪnt/ = penniless /ˈpen.i.ləs/ = destitute /ˈdes.tɪ.tʃuːt/ = poor
- Định nghĩa: having no money
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: phá sản/hết tiền/nghèo
- Ví dụ: She fell in love with a penniless artist.
3, Cheap = low-priced = low-cost = inexpensive /ˌɪn.ɪkˈspen.sɪv/ = economical /ˌiː.kəˈnɒm.ɪ.kəl/ = reasonably priced = rock-bottom /ˌrɒk ˈbɒt.əm/
- Định nghĩa: not costing a lot of money
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: rẻ, giá rẻ
- Ví dụ: It’s an inexpensive perfume.
4, Expensive /ɪkˈspen.sɪv/ = costly = high-priced = pricey /ˈpraɪ.si/ = extravagant /ɪkˈstræv.ə.ɡənt/ = high-cost = exorbitant /ɪɡˈzɔː.bɪ.tənt/ = not come cheap
- Định nghĩa: spending too much money, or using too much of something
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: đắt
- Ví dụ: It was very extravagant of you to buy strawberries out of season.
5, Be strapped for cash = be cash-strapped /ˈkæʃ.stræpt/ = a bit short of = needed cash and had very little
- Định nghĩa: not having enough money
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: kẹt tiền
- Ví dụ: Working during study is a fact of life for most cash-strapped students.
6, To be tight-fisted /ˌtaɪtˈfɪs.tɪd/
- Định nghĩa: not willing to spend or give much money
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: keo kiệt, bủn xỉn
- Ví dụ: Don’t wait for Gillian to buy you a drink – she’s too tight-fisted.
Động từ chủ đề MONEY
1, Earn/ make money
- Định nghĩa: to make a profit
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: kiếm tiến
- Ví dụ: I’m making a lot of money at my new job.
2, Make ends meet = cover basic needs
- Định nghĩa: to have just enough money to pay for the things that you need
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: kiếm đủ tiền để chi trả cuộc sống
- Ví dụ: It’s not easy to make ends meet with a big family, but somehow we manage.
3, Afford /əˈfɔːd/
- Định nghĩa: to be able to buy or do something because you have enough money or time
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: có khả năng chi trả
- Ví dụ: I don’t know how he can afford a new car on his salary.
4, Balance the expense
- Định nghĩa: ensure that income and expenses are evenly distributed or managed.
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: cân bằng chi phí
- Ví dụ: I need to balance the expense of my monthly bills with my salary to make sure I have enough left over for savings.
5, Cut down on
- Định nghĩa: to reduce the amount of something, often used in the context of spending or consumption.
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: cắt giảm chi phí
- Ví dụ: In an effort to save money, he decided to cut down on eating out and cook more at home.
6, Go on a spending spree
- Định nghĩa: to engage in a period of excessive and lavish spending.
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: mua sắm thả ga
- Ví dụ: After receiving a bonus at work, she went on a spending spree, buying luxury items and treating herself to expensive outings.
7, Pay your own way
- Định nghĩa: to cover one’s own expenses without relying on others.
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: tự trả tiền
- Ví dụ: As a responsible adult, she wanted to pay her own way for the vacation and not rely on her friends for financial support.
8, Donate money
- Định nghĩa: to give money, typically to a cause or organization.
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: quyên góp tiền
- Ví dụ: They donated money to the local charity to support underprivileged children’s education.
9, Get into debt >< get out of debt / pay off debt
- Định nghĩa: to accumulate financial obligations / to become free from financial obligations / to settle and eliminate financial obligations.
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: rơi vào nợ >< thoát khỏi nợ / trả nợ
- Ví dụ: He got into debt by overspending, but he managed to get out of debt by creating a budget and working extra hours to pay off his loans.
10, Run out of money
- Định nghĩa: to deplete all available funds.
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: hết tiền
- Ví dụ: They ran out of money during their vacation, so they had to cut their trip short.
11, Throw money around
- Định nghĩa: to spend money carelessly and recklessly.
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: tiêu tiền nên những thứ không cần thiết
- Ví dụ: He was throwing money around at the casino, not considering the consequences of his spending.
12, Waste / squander money (on)
- Định nghĩa: to spend money thoughtlessly and without achieving value.
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: lãng phí tiền
- Ví dụ: He wasted a lot of money on extravagant vacations that didn’t bring him lasting happiness.
13, Make a withdrawal
- Định nghĩa: to take money out of a bank account or ATM.
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: rút tiền
- Ví dụ: She needed to make a withdrawal from the ATM to cover her weekend expenses.
14, Overspend /ˌəʊ.vəˈspend/
- Định nghĩa:spend more than the expected or allotted amount.
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: chi tiêu quá mức
- Ví dụ: Don’t overspend on your home and expect to get the money back when you sell.
15, Take control of your finances
- Định nghĩa: assuming responsibility and managing one’s financial situation and decisions effectively and proactively to achieve financial stability, security, and goals.
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: kiểm soát tài chính của bạn
- Ví dụ: Concerned about her financial future, she decided to take control of her finances.
16, Allocate money to/for sth /ˈæl.ə.keɪt/
- Định nghĩa: to give something to someone as their share of a total amount, to use in a particular way
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: phân bổ tiền cho cái gì
- Ví dụ: As project leader, you will have to allocate people jobs/allocate jobs to people.
17, Invest sth in sth
- Định nghĩa: to put money, effort, time, etc. into something to make a profit or get an advantage
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: đầu tư vào
- Ví dụ: He’s not certain whether to invest in the property market.
18, Bulk–buy /ˌbʌlkˈbaɪ/
- Định nghĩa: to buy something in large amounts
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: mua với số lượng lớn
- Ví dụ: Because we’re such a large family, we find it cheaper to bulk-buy foods we eat a lot of.
Gợi ý sách liên quan
Từ vựng chất và ý tưởng hay theo chủ đề cho bài thi IELTS Writing
Với các chủ đề nhỏ còn lại, hãy tham khảo cuốn sách này được biên soạn bởi đội ngũ IELTS Thanh Loan để không bao giờ bí ý, bí từ khi viết bài.
Thành ngữ chủ đề MONEY
1, Live beyond one’s means
- Định nghĩa: to spend money in excess of one’s income, often leading to financial difficulties.
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: chi trả khả năng tài chính của mình
- Ví dụ: She always buys luxury items and goes on expensive vacations, but she’s constantly in debt because she lives beyond her means.
2, A penny saved is a penny earned
- Định nghĩa: something you say that means it is wise to save money
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: tiết kiệm một đồng là kiếm được một đồng
- Ví dụ: I’d advise anyone to put aside a proportion of their earnings – a penny saved is a penny earned.
3, Pay one’s (own) way (idiom)
- Định nghĩa: to cover one’s own expenses independently.
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: tự mình trả tiền
- Ví dụ: When they went out for dinner, everyone paid their own way to ensure fairness.
4, Throw money at st = Fork/pay sth out (on sth) (idiom)
- Định nghĩa: to invest a large amount of money into something, often without guaranteed results.
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: tiêu rất nhiều tiền vào
- Ví dụ: The company decided to throw money at marketing, hoping it would lead to increased sales.
5, Have money to burn
- Definition: to have a lot of money to spend.
- Vietnamese: có nhiều tiền để tiêu
- Example: After winning the lottery, he suddenly had money to burn and could afford luxurious vacations.
6, Money doesn’t grow on trees
- Definition: money is not easily obtained; it requires effort and work to earn.
- Vietnamese: tiền không tự nhiên mà có
- Example: You need to work hard to earn money; remember, money doesn’t grow on trees.
7, Make big money
- Definition: to earn a significant amount of money.
- Vietnamese: làm ra nhiều tiền
- Example: He became a successful entrepreneur and started to make big money with his innovative business ideas.
8, Save for a rainy day
- Definition: to save money for times of need or unexpected situations.
- Vietnamese: dành dụm tiền cho những ngày khó khăn
- Example: She always saves a portion of her income for a rainy day, just in case of emergencies.
9, Everything comes with a price
- Definition: every action or decision has consequences, often requiring some form of sacrifice.
- Vietnamese: mọi thứ đều có cái giá của nó
- Example: She pursued her dreams of becoming an artist, but it came with a price – she had to give up a stable job.
10, Money makes money
- Definition: having money allows one to invest and generate more wealth.
- Vietnamese: tiền lại sinh ra tiền
- Example: By wisely investing his savings, he learned that money makes money through compound interest and investment returns.
11, Spend money like water
- Definition: to spend money freely and without restraint.
- Vietnamese: tiêu tiền như nước
- Example: During her vacation, she spent money like water, enjoying shopping, dining out, and various activities.
12, A spendthrift /ˈspend.θrɪft/
- Định nghĩa: someone who spends a lot of money in a way that wastes it
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: người ăn tiêu hoang phí
- Ví dụ: I’m not a spendthrift, although sometimes if I see something on sale, I’ll get three because it’s a good deal.
13, Money is no object
- Định nghĩa: used to say that someone is not concerned about the price of things
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: tiền không phải là vấn đề
- Ví dụ: If money were no object, what kind of house would you want?
14, Live from hand to mouth
- Định nghĩa: to have just enough money to live on and nothing extra
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: có đủ tiền để sinh sống
- Ví dụ: My father earned very little and there were four kids, so we lived from hand to mouth.
15, Have more money than sense
- Định nghĩa: have a lot of money but spend it stupidly
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: có nhiều tiền nhưng chi tiêu bừa bãi, lãng phí tiền bạc.
- Ví dụ: He’s just a man who’s got more money than sense and no idea what to do with his life.
16, To pay the price for something
- Định nghĩa: to experience the bad result of something you have done
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: trả giá cho hành động/ quyết định
- Ví dụ: He is paying the price for his ambitiousness now as his wife has left him and taken their son
17, Breaking the bank
- Định nghĩa: to cost too much
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: tốn quá nhiều tiền
- Ví dụ: It only costs $2. That’s not going to break the bank.
18, Tighten one’s belt
- Definition: to reduce spending and live more frugally.
- Vietnamese: thắt lưng buộc bụng
- Example: After losing his job, he had to tighten his belt and cut back on unnecessary expenses to make ends meet.
19, Money talks
- Definition: money has a significant influence and power in various situations.
- Vietnamese: đồng tiền lên tiếng → nhấn mạnh sức thuyết phục, quyền lực to lớn của đồng tiền
- Example: In the business world, money talks – those with more resources often have a stronger voice and more opportunities.
20, On the breadline /ˈbred.laɪn/
- Định nghĩa: the level of income people have when they are extremely poor
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: rất nghèo
- Ví dụ: Most students are on the breadline.
20, Be rolling in money
- Định nghĩa: be very rich
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: có rất nhiều tiền
- Ví dụ: He was a tycoon and must have been rolling in money
21, Be on a tight budget
- Định nghĩa: a budget that severely limits the amount of money that can be spent.
- Nghĩa Tiếng Việt: ngân quỹ hạn chế
- Ví dụ: If you’re on a tight budget, yet up for a right laddish drive, a coupe could well be for you
Trên đây là list từ vựng IELTS chủ đề Money có thể giúp bạn tự tin làm chủ được chủ đề này trong bài thi của mình. IELTS Thanh Loan hy vọng bài viết đã cung cấp cho bạn đọc những từ vựng hay và hữu dụng nhất! Chúc các bạn học tập, ôn luyện hiệu quả và đạt được mục tiêu như mong muốn nhé!
Bài viết liên quan:
- Từ vựng IELTS Writing & Speaking chủ đề SLEEP
- Từ vựng IELTS Writing & Speaking chủ đề TRAVEL/ HOLIDAYS
- Từ vựng IELTS Writing & Speaking chủ đề ADVERTISING
- ĐT: 0974 824 724
- Email: [email protected]
- Địa chỉ: S103 Vinhomes Smart City, Tây Mỗ, Nam Từ Liêm, Hà Nội